The Aerial Yoga Teaching Methodology Workshop with Melissa & Kaye is designed for Aerial Yoga teachers who would like to improve on their teaching practice. This 10 hour crash course will give teachers an opportunity to practice effective cuing, offer hands-on assists, and to finesse actual in-class scenario teaching skills. A final exam incorporates our education into a usable takeaway for your next class.
By the end of the workshop, participants will:
- Learn to create flowing sequences and inventive transitions
- Role play a variety of teaching scenarios
- Experience more advanced poses
- Examine key alignment cues
- How to ‘read’ your students
- Assist and spot students to safely guide all levels
- Discuss etiquette and community, theming and class psychology unique to aerial yoga.
- Build confidence and take your teaching to the next level.
- Q&A with 2 experienced yoga instructors and daily peer reviews
- A manual with photographs and space for your notes
COST – $349+HST
Includes 10 hrs in class + manual + 1 hr assistantship in a public class (to be completed within 60 days of course start date)
*minimum 5 students required to run program
COMING HOME* is a day-long retreat that will provide participants with a safe space to work within through:
– a tea & drum meditation lead by Edane Padme
– mindfulness lead by Jaisa Sulit
– reiki lead by Pearce Cacalda
– movement-based expressive art lead by Andrea Mapili
– craniosacral therapy lead by Liezel Palon and
– yoga lead by Kaye Penaflor
*date to be announced
Next Level OM brings together four empowering styles of yoga for one incredible weekend in luxurious Muskoka style.
In it’s 2nd year, this SOLD OUT retreat allowed yogis to try Aerial Yoga, Acro Yoga, SUP Yoga (paddleboard yoga), and balanced it out with meditation and a mat yoga flow. Keep your eyes peeled for more exciting adventures with Next Level OM!
Kaye introduced aerial yoga to a group of lovely humans in the Suspension Yoga area on Friday, March 31st!
lululemon ambassador, Kaye Penaflor, celebrated her 5 year anniversary as a yoga instructor with a live taping of her yoga lifestyle television show, Live Breathe Yoga. In it’s third season, Live Breathe Yoga is dedicated to inspiring your practice and elevating your mind, body and soul.
The lovely Edane Padme from Bohemia Babe lead the Tea Ceremony during “Kaye Study”
For “Conscious Living”, Reiki Master/Intuitive Healer and Art Director, Pearce Cacalda, shared how he has applied the principles of reiki to his work and life.
Be sure to wear something comfy so you can take part in a short yoga practice at home in “Strike A Pose” lead by the celebrant, Kaye!
All of this was beautifully woven together musically by Gee Soropia, music producer and DJ.
Lots of love to the lululemon Boston Newbury store for hosting this class! What a fun morning!
Daybreaker: Love Lockdown on Tuesday February 14th
6am yoga with Kaye focused on LOVE: for self and others
We got together for the 3rd annual Valentine’s Day Partner Yoga at Fly Studio! We connected with our partners, and strengthened trust through communication and support.
UGLY CHRISTMAS SWEATER YOGA
Wednesday, December 21st – The Attic 318 Queen St
We threw on our favourite ugly Christmas Sweaters and felt at OM doing yoga to the music of Boney M! After a delicious vinyasa flow, we capped off the night with hot chocolate and cookies!
September 30 – October 2 2016: Kaye was the feature headliner on Friday taking participants through a juicy vinyasa flow then closed the show with a gentle yoga flow on Sunday
September 9-11 2016: Kaye was part of the amazing line up at Camp Yoga. She taught an Elemental Flow to honour nature at camp:
- “Earth” was a grounding vinyasa practice
- “Air” connected campers with their bandhas to find lightness and catch some air in balancing poses
- “Water” began with a combination of restorative, yin and flowed into a yoga nidra
- “Fire” was a vigorous vinyasa flow to ignite the fire within
August 21 2016: Kaye, along with a beautiful team of healers, hosted a wellness workshop in support of the Babaylan Conference
June 23-26 2016: Kaye & Steph co-hosted the first #NextLevelOM yoga retreat in Muskoka